Jan 17 Ginger Lantz-- Watercolor and gold leaf mix
"Watercolor with gold Leafing"
Have you ever wanted to add a little shine to your watercolor painting?
We will be learning to add gold leafing to our watercolor painting
and yet will keep your watercolor painting looking good and real.
I will show you my technique in how I use watercolor
and learn how to apply gold leafing to our painting and seal the whole painting.
The photograph will be supplied for this workshop.
NAG January workshop 2020
Watercolor Supply List
I will supply the outline and photograph
What you need to Bring:
1. Watercolor Paints and palette: Bring your palette of watercolors
2. Water container:
3. 140 # or 300# cold press watercolor paper 8 X 10 or 9 X 12
Taped on board and ready to paint…
4. Watercolor brushes:
Several sizes – small, medium & large in variety of shapes…bring your
6. Paper Towels &/or wash cloth
7. Spray Bottle
8. Liquid Frisket and Nib Tool:
9. Your Choice: White Gouache, Neocolor II crayon white, or white ink,
10. Gold leafing & Glue Loose or sheets (Can buy at Hobby Lobby, Quality Art, or
Gold leafing comes in sheets or loose, you can buy gold leafing glue or
Elmers glue works too. You can also buy a kit that will have the gold leaf,
glue and sealer. I will be showing how to use both the sheets and the
loose gold leafing…
11. Stencil Brush & cheap brush for glue.
12. Graphite transfer paper
13. Fine tip waterproof black ink pen (I use an extra fine Sharpie pen)
I will have the following to sell at the workshop…
1. 300# cold press watercolor paper 8 X 10 ($4.00 each)
2. Stencil Brush ($3.00 each)